Manage your current Sprint Backlog
With a custom board, you will be able to
- add new steps to your workflow
- assign tasks to users
- manage your work in progress
- map your different statuses to your workflow
- map your different work item types to the board.
Customize your columns
After creating the number of columns you need, you can configure some specifications related to your reality. The first elements that you can set up are limits for the work in progress (WIP). In fact, you get a visual signal when the total of work items exceeds these limits. Note that WIP limits are disabled when both the minimum and maximum fields are set to 0.
The other interesting customization that you can manage is the “Auto Assign Users”. Here are the 3 different options:
- Assign: The user dragging a card into that column will automatically have this card assigned to him.
- Unassign: When the card is dragged into a column with that specification on, any assignee will be removed from the task.
- Don’t change: Well, you know what it means!
Map your status
It is with this function that you indicate to Urban Turtle what to display and where to display it. For each work item type that you have, you will need to select the status that will be set or used for each step of your work flow.
Hint: The same status can be used on multiple columns. This means that you can configure your “Task” to be “In progress” for columns 2, 3, and 4.
Hint: Let’s says that, for some reason, you don’t want to see “Bugs” in your board. You can do this by not mapping any status for that specific type of work item.