Teaching an old dog new tricks. Urban Turtle 3.13 is out!
After breaking tradition and our monthly release cycle, Team Urban Turtle is proud to present to you version 3.13 featuring the most requested idea ever!
- Our planning board has always been agile, but we had it learn some new tricks to make it more flexible than ever. With most process templates, it is now possible to simply drag a work item and drop it anywhere you want. Urban Turtle will take care of figuring the updates required such as removing the current work item link between the item and its parent, creating a new one and prioritizing the work item within its new siblings.
- The iteration panel can now be collapsed, leaving more space for the work items. This was accomplished by inserting the iteration panel inside of the default Team Web Access side-panel. As this is where Team Web Access displays its search bar, users also gain access to search capabilities at the same time.
- With Urban Turtle 3.9, we introduced independent iteration and area settings for the planning and task boards. This change didn't please everyone, so we decided to turn this itself into a setting. On the iteration and area panel, a pushpin icon has been added. When the pushpin is colored, it is active, forcing iteration and area settings to be retained across both boards. Otherwise, settings are independent.
- A few usability improvements have been made to the planning board. Now that the iteration panel can now be hidden, it was obvious we needed to expand work item titles to fill the space. This automatic expanding and truncating of the work time titles is also done when resizing the window. This means that the larger screen resolution that you use, the more you will be able to see of the work item titles.
- A little known feature that has always been present on the planning board is the ability to select multiple work items to drag and drop them on an iteration, an area or the recycle bin. We've decided to improve this and highlight this functionality by adding checkboxes on work items. This makes it a lot more obvious that this feature exists. Please note that multi-selection does not apply when reordering work items.We've also ported the ability to collapse parent work items from the task board to the planning board.
- Users of the french version of the MSF Agile 5.0 process template will be glad to know that we have resolved the issue that prevented adding some child work items. The problem was due to accents in the work item types (such as Tâche).
- We have also fixed an issue preventing moving a work item after the last visible work item on the planning board.
We know that it's been a long time coming (the ability to change work item links using drag and drop has been requested over a year ago!) and we invite you to download the latest version. Your feedback has always been invaluable to us and we're very excited to hear what you have to say about this new release. While we already have ideas in mind for the next release, your feedback may still steer our decisions. Don't hesitate, and voice your opinion on our community support site!